Ladies, this one’s for you. If you couldn’t already tell from the title, I firmly believe in the power of layers while traveling. Layers can transform any outfit from drab to fab, and magically make you look both carefree and put together! So when “comfort” and “fashion” seem like they are mutually exclusive concepts, just add “layers” to the equations and, viola!—you get a pinterest-worthy travel outfit. And now that fall is right around the corner, you have an even better excuse to layer-it-up! The items you’re about to combine can be found readily in your closet! Here are the basic, classic pieces:
- Cardigan: Outside the airport it might be hot. Inside the airport or on your flight it might be cool. Adjusting to the temperatures is easy with the versatile cardigan—definitely a fashionable alternative to a bulky sweater.
- Comfy Tee: Not only is a tee comfortable, it can be chic, too! Pair a solid colored V-neck underneath a cardigan for a sharp look.
- Form-fitting pants: Choose either a jean or a legging. Stay away from cargo pants (!!!) to avoid a potential pat-down fiasco.
- Flats: Or shoes that slip on and off easily. Avoid shoes with a lot of laces/buckles/zippers as these will just extend your time in the TSA line.
- Scarf: Not only an accessory, it can work as a replacement to the shady airline blanket.
- Large tote: Big bags can spruce up any outfit, even add a pop of color. Added bonus: Carry your books and magazines fashionably. Plus, if you get too warm, tuck away your cardigan and scarf in there!
Bonus Tip: Forgot some of the above items at home? Download our FlyInStyle App to find fashionable deals at the airport!
(Psssst, fellas, we haven’t forgotten about you…Stayed tuned for our flying-fashionable guide for men!)